Some real cases of better design increasing sales:
- Every $1 invested in UX results in a return between $2 and $100.
- A major eCommerce company increased sales by $300 million after changing their button text from “Register” to “Continue”
- Airbnb attributes UX for taking them from being a near-failure to being valued at $10 million.
- ESPN’s revenue increased by 35% after a homepage redesign.
- Slow-loading websites cost retailers an estimated $2 billion in lost sales each year.
- Amazon discovered that a 100ms decrease in page loading speed could cost them 1% in sales.
- Walmart Canada increased its on-site revenue by 13% after tailoring the customer experience.
It's crazy to think that there are still companies not embracing design in the development of their products or services. It is a force for good!Read more...