Accountants shared their expectations and plans for the next 12 months, with data from Accounting Today's annual survey. Here are the highlights:
- The biggest challenge facing large firms is recruiting/retaining good employees, while small and medium firms are overwhelmed by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- 6 percent fewer firms are requiring staff to work all Saturdays during busy season, but it's still an unacceptable 38 percent. Why not let staff take the day off if they get their work done?
- 15 percent of firms plan to add CAS services in 2019, which — if they follow through — means a majority of firms will offer it in 2020
- 50 percent more firms plan to add tech/cybersecurity services in 2019
- 50 percent of firms plan to increase tech spending in 2019