While the goal of productivity has been about maximizing output over a period of time, there are some significant shifts with modern productivity:
- More human. Modern productivity is more human and more personal. It needs to be good for people.
- It’s value, not volume. Modern productivity is a focus on creating more value, not just more volume. It’s about getting the right things done, that matter.
- Meaningful work. Modern productivity is a focus on vision, mission, and values that light up lives and lessen the load of busy and mundane work.
- The Journey matters. Modern productivity is a focus on the journey and the destination. Productivity is a by product of creating better experiences for everyone involved.
- Sustainability matters. Modern productivity is a focus on a sustainable pace and wellness vs. burnout and one-hit wonders.
- Social matters. Modern productivity is a team sport. It’s collaborative. It’s about building relationships vs. doing transactions.