My bud Jost is always looking for some insights or good articles on how to promote (pre-sell) new products which are not yet ready for market. Especially prototypes or beta products.
Is there reason to take a different approach how to reach pilot customers with beta products?
He asked me to pose some questions to readers fo the newsletter:
- How do I attract their interest to do a (time consuming) pilot phase after which I need important feedback to further improve my product before releasing?
- Do I need to motivate them with special discounts, or is it just intrinsic motivation by telling them that they are the chosen ones to test this product?
- How do I measure qualitative customer feedback systematically, eg with feedback forms on every website?
- How can I further use pilot customers as ambassadors for my product?
- How do I deal with big expectations if I recognize that my prototype fails and I have to pivot or close the project?
If this is up your alley & you'd like to talk shop with Jost, hit him up on Linkedin.