- Self-awareness: without this, you’ve got no way to evaluate what skills you have, what you lack and what you need to work on
- Self-regulation: People who can self-regulate make better decisions, are more resilient, and act with more integrity.
- Motivation: Those with leadership potential are motivated by a deeply embedded desire to achieve for the sake of achievement.
- Empathy: You’re familiar with the word — but this one is actually a bit tricky.
- Social skills: the ability to build rapport and manage relationships — with a goal in mind.