Integrating UX and Design into the scrum process. It’s a challenge that continues to plague most organisations mainly because the reason scrum was brought in was not to do more thoughtful, customer-centric work but rather to ship more code faster.
- The product backlog contains the pieces of the broader vision that are not going to be worked on in the current sprint.
- Sprint planning is the day-to-day level planning effort for the team.
- The tactical Design work (capital D to serve as an umbrella for the various facets of product design) has to go into the tactical backlog
- Critically missing from the core scrum team, and necessary for the integration of UX design, is a full-time designer on the team.
- Sprint review is an opportunity to take a look, together as a team, at the output the team generated during the sprint.