Ginny Gilder - Olympic Medalist, G2 Family Office Founder, Social Entrepreneur & Owner of the WNBA Seattle Stormwww.businessoffamily.net
Ginny Gilder, is an American former competitive rower and Olympic silver medalist. An investor, Gilder is a co-owner of the Seattle Storm, a professional women's basketball team in the WNBA.
- Early in her career, she had goals that were not related to working in the family business.
- There has to be a lot of very direct conversations if you want to be in business with your siblings.
- When things go wrong, that's when you have to figure it out and it's also when you find out the relationships that are solid.
- Having an investment office rather than a family office with bells and whistles was geared at equipping her kids to be independent, self-sufficient, and capable human beings.
- Having a financial cushion had benefits, like the freedom to work without being tied to a focus on amassing wealth, although it came with less attention from their father.