This brought back distant memories of studying sustainability-related textbooks during my Energy Engineering undergraduate! Although it's a little heavy on stats and graphs, it makes for a sobering read.
My main takeaways:
- All attempts to curtail climate change have had a negligible impact on rising global emissions. We must do far more.
- A temperatures rise above 1.5°C may cause irreversible damage. We need to act immediately to prevent this.
- Consume less meat and dairy
- Leave fossil fuels in the ground
- Global co-operation is key. This will be extremely hard as abandoning fossil fuels will create winners and losers