Private equity and venture funds have invested record sums into the global education sector—$30 billion in the past five years across K-12 and workplace learning. Since 2017, investment has accelerated with $14 billion allocated, according to research firm HolonIQ. Here are five key trends to consider as education enters a new decade:
1. In the workplace, education is the new healthcare.
2. Our schools are facing a mental health crisis.
3. Schools spent a decade buying technology. Now they want it to work.
4. There is growing international demand for English-language learning.
5. Will edtech be caught up in a backlash against ‘big tech’ over data privacy?Read more...